daily scoop

Daily Scoop (Week 2 | Thursday)

2:56:00 PM DW 0 Comments

The Appetizer: 


That One Person Who Just Wanted To Watch The Film

"Shhhhhh..." said someone loudly as a select few people in the audience continuously clapped for each production company that popped up on the screen. There were about 5 and after being in a room full of people who do nothing but clap (for production companies and the directors before they've even seen the movie!) for a week,  I would have shushed too! Haha


The Main Course: 


Two Couples, Different Problems

Film 1: Loving. In the racially segregated south, a couples battles to stay together. The film is based on the popular Loving Supreme Court case. I really enjoyed that the film gently told the couples story. There are many historical film's that are harsh and raw, because that's what the people in that time endured, but this was one that didn't need to express the injustice in that way. It's an enlightening tale and an overall great watch.

Film 2: Prericles the Black. A gangster flick wrapped in a semi love story. It was a great watch and had a well developed plot. It was a little predictable at times, but our hero was well developed and his performance made the film.


Dessert: 

Sing it for the Boys... Sing it for the Girls!!

Today consisted of course of watching and also falling asleep in films. Nothing too interesting happened during the day and I spent a bit of time hanging out at the AMPAV. There a met a British filmmaker who gave use the Europe inside scoop. I I knew he was cool immediately after he shared half of his 2 Euro Twix (yes 2 Euro!) with me and other members of the Georgia crew.

Later that night I signed up for the highly anticipated Karaoke Night in the AMPAV. I watched as people completely destroyed the mic (in a good and bad way!) My favorite performances were definitely Anaconda and the improvised Stitches. It was a pretty great night. I ended up not being able to perform because Taylor Swift was not included in the jank Karaoke app that they were using, so unfortunately I was skipped without being informed. Overall it was fine. Hope and I did impromptu Karaoke on the street and in the cab ride back. Our Karaoke featured a little High School Musical, LMFAO, and Tao Cruz. Loved it!




You Might Also Like