daily scoop

The Daily Scoop (Week 1 | Saturday)

2:54:00 PM DW 0 Comments



The Appetizer: 

That One Comment That I Couldn't Forget

"I may go to that one next...for my nap." Cole said as he attempted to figure out which movie would serve as the perfect bedtime story.  I connected personally with this statement, since I had been falling asleep in just about every other movie.


The Main Course:
2 Vampires & An Egyptian Revolution


Film 1: The Transfiguration. This was the first vampire-themed movie that I was excited to see. Everyone on the trip probably knew that I was going to see this film, that's how much I talked about it. As I was watching the film my excitement quickly faded. I watched as a young troubled boy shuffled through the streets of New York. His obsession with vampires seemed to cause him to think that he was in fact a vampire as well. I still don't quit understand the purpose of the story. Needless to say, I left early -- out of the wrong exit (haha)-- and didn't look back.

Film 2: The Cult of A Vampire. I really wanted this one to be good. The story about a rogue young vampire, who runs away from her family to pursue her dreams to be in a rock band, was one that could intrigue anyone. Well the list of reasons why this film was bad includes: bad acting, subpar editing, and the fact that the movie kept freezing. If they movie hadn't completely froze up, I would have ended up walking out of the film early anyway. The story is promising, and would attract a great audience, but a few things should be fixed first.

Film 3: The Clash. This story was important because it depicted someone's truth. The story was not based on a true story but the true events that have taken place in Egypt since their 2011 revolution. This intense story beautifully unfolds in a military army truck. Individuals from very different backgrounds must work together to strategically survive. The what happens at the end is left up to the audience. The movie left me wondering what happened to the individuals...I like to think that some of them escaped successfully, but you'll have to watch it and see.

Dessert:
The Slumber Party 

Today was an overall relaxing day. I technically only saw two films and I had the opportunity to see a few films with some of the Georgia crew that I don't see that often. I decided to head back a little earlier and mentally and physically prepare for the craziness that will happen tomorrow. One of the highlights of my day, include meeting the director of one of the films that is currently showing at Cannes. Having the opportunity to discuss his creative choices, as well as the challenges that he faced was something that we all needed to hear. 

You Might Also Like