daily scoop

Daily Scoop (Week 1 | Sunday)

5:29:00 PM DW 0 Comments



The Appetizer: 

That One Dance, With That One Girl

"It's time to shake your a**es" shouted Keziah, a bubbly French girl, as Rihanna sang, work, work, work, work work work. I then proceeded to sing along, dance with her and then twerk with Luke near 3 random girls. It was scandalous, but so much fun! Oops... 


The Main Course: 

Love, Robots & Crime

Film 1: After Love. I appreciated the film's simplicity as it tried to explain the unraveling of a couple that was once in love. It was made to simulate everyday life, and it did a great job doing so. The film accomplished this by having longer takes, and using mostly close ups to capture each character's reaction. While the film was beautifully shot, it was still repetitive, drawn out, and at times boring. I fell asleep for about 15 minutes, maybe more, and didd't miss a beat. 

Short Film 1: Reset. When a robot begins to develop feelings for her owner, things get a little tricky. The movie held my interest and had very good production quality. The story was very predictable, but I was still very intrigued. I could see this being a full feature on Lifetime. 

Short Film 2: Infected. I still don't quite understand this short film. There were a lot of close-ups and one death. That's about all I got from this one.

Short Film 3: Ploy. After his partner gets killed by a member of the cartel, one cop sets out to learn the truth. Although the quality was not always the best, the story was put together well. I enjoyed watching the story unfold as well. 

Short Film 4: The Food Truck Deal. Things go south for a food truck worker after he gets involved with a drug addict. The movie did a good job of keeping the audience in the dark as the plot developed. I would have loved a little more character development.



Dessert: 

The Struggle Is Real...

Today was not the best or even the worst. The competition for tickets was intense, which was weird considering it was a Sunday. People vied for both the highly anticipated American Honey and The Nice Guys. I didn't get to see any of the films, but I can say that I've seen Shia LaBeouf, Ryan Gosling, and Matt Bomer on a red carpet. Haha. 

I can also say that I've seen Shia dab and dance on the red carpet...life will never be the same. LOL. The American Honey's official red  carpet song, "Choices (Yup)" by E-40, has also become one of my new favorite songs. Although I didn't get in to see American Honey, like I wanted to,  it was fun meeting a wide array of people while attempting to get tickets: the Polish guy who called me crazy (in a good way?), the police officer who didn't understand why "I needed a place" even though I had a badge for the festival, and that one guy who wanted to talk about his family from America.

Although I was disappointed, the night was still young! I headed over to the highly anticipated Queer Party at the AMPAV. I mingled and danced like a crazy person. I got to dance with the coolest 19 year old, my favorite Brit, and I even got to twerk. The night turned out to be quite lovely.

You Might Also Like