daily scoop

Daily Scoop (Week 2 | Tuesday)

2:54:00 PM DW 0 Comments


The Appetizer: 

That One Time Someone Really Wanted To Know

"Where are the celebrities,"asked an anxious fan. She was genuinely puzzled when she couldn't find any celebrities. It was definitely a little to early to be searching for the celebrities, but someone from our group calmly explained where to go to find the celebrities. Hopefully she found who she was looking for. 

The Main Course: 

Women In The Army...

Film 1: The Stopover. The only film that I managed to see today was this one. The movie centered around women who'd finished their service with the army. In the movie the crew stopped on an island before continuing home. On the island members struggled with PTSD in various ways. Sexism was also highlighted as the women where often treated differently. The movie was somewhat interesting. 

Dessert: 

The Lazy Day

Today was definitely was a lazy day. I went to sleep pretty late the night before and decided not to set an alarm. I ended up waking up at 1:30PM in the afternoon. I got ready and headed straight for a meeting that our professors had set up for us. The meeting featured three of the leading ladies from Refinery29's newest video sector. They covered topics ranging from women in film to important issues facing women in various industries. I loved hearing their perspectives, and what initiatives they were taking in order to change the current state of the industry. After that I went to a film, and then hung out at the AMPAV for a bit. I ultimately decided to head back to the residence a bit early, due to my current state. Watching films all day, staying up all night, and waking up early in the morning had began to negatively affect me. 

You Might Also Like