daily scoop

Daily Scoop (Week 2 | Saturday)

3:45:00 PM DW 0 Comments



The Appetizer: 

That One Guy Who Thought I Was From Cali

"Your're from Georgia really? You sound like you're from California." stated a guy at the train station. The theme for this trip has generally been that none of the Georgia kids actually sound like they're from Georgia. At least I finally know what state I "sound" like I'm from. I'm headed for Cali guys!! 

The Main Course: 

A Fetish and a Few Dogs

Film 1: Elle. I still can't believe the cat-mouse game that played out on the screen. After a women is stalked, she decides to take matters into her own hands and stalk her stalker back. I still don't fully understand why the protagonist decided to play along, but it did have an interesting story.

Film 2: Dog Eat Dog. I really had high hopes for this film. I was warned that it wouldn't be good and I should have listened. The movie followed 3 ex cons on a journey for justice. The close ups and artistic slow mo scenes were probably the only good parts about this movie. The acting was terrible and the story was unrealistic.

Short Film 1: Enamored. How much could really happen in a 7 minute short? A lot. This tale follows a girl who is completely in love, and then obsessed with a guy that she meets. It does a great job of throwing a wrench into the story. Loved it!

Short Film 2: Easy Girl. This story follows two roommates who are battling for the same guy's attention. I appreciate this story because while there are a few catty remarks, their friendship survives, and the guy becomes irrelevant in the end.

Short Film 3: Ambulance. When I finally got to this particular short film, I had watched so many bad ones, I was expecting this one to be bad as well. I was pleasantly surprised, as I watched. The film centered on a set of criminals pretending to be paramedics. The story was very intriguing, and I could see it becoming a full feature.

* I watched a large number of other bad short films that I have chosen not to highlight!

Dessert: 

French Netflix & Chill

TODAY IS THE VERY LAST DAY OF THE FESTIVAL. Where did the time go? Seriously this is my 2nd week in France and it feels like I just got here. I'm not ready for it to be all over. I don't feel like I mingled enough, I definitely didn't see enough panels, and I'm working on catching up on all the short films I didn't get to see! There's so much to tackle at the festival and it's impossible to cover everything in just one visit! 

After a short day at the festival, I returned to my residence to watch some French Netflix (don't judge!) and Chill (by myself). Today ended up being a lazy day, and tomorrow may be as well. Now, we all finally get to catch up on our sleep! Until next time...

You Might Also Like